Current openings at Two Rivers Community School. All positions are open until filled.
The position will work 20 hours per week plus occasional extra hours at $12 per hour. The Office Aide supports the school Administrative Assistant.
Duties reflect the breadth of needs in a small school:
· Answering the telephone and providing accurate information or accurate recording and relaying messages
· Filing and keeping files organized and current
· Recording attendance: must be able to use web-based attendance software and total absences
· Administer basic first aid and appropriately work with students who are ill or that have minor playground injuries.
· Work with spreadsheets (Excel) to aide in monitoring expenses & revenue and to aide in billing.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding students and staff.
· Make copies
· Run office alone on occasion
· Team Player
· Ability to stay focused in a busy environment
· Highly organized
· Takes direction well
· Able to multi task or stop and start with interruptions
· Punctual & reliable
· Ability to separate from office politics and gossip
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to Beth Vossen at email@example.com.
General Duties: Coordinate school garden education and coalition projects within Two Rivers Community School incorporating every grade level.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Manage and maintain school garden plots
2. Coordinate with instructional staff to design garden focused curriculum, lessons, and activities
3. Build and strengthen garden program in conjunction with the school's vision and growth plan
- Experience in and knowledge of vegetable production and local food systems
- Experience in garden education, project planning, implementation and management
- Experience working with volunteers
- Strong and effective communication skills, verbal, written, and public speaking
- Working knowledge of gardening, nutrition, local growing patterns, and community resources
- This position is a volunteer role with a small stipend
Substitute teachers & after school support
We need substitute teachers for grades K-8 and after school. If interested please contact Beth Vossen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 828-262-5411.